HBS DURGOTSAV COMMITTEE
178,Sree Ramakrishna Mutt Marg,
Domalguda, Hyderabad-500 029
“ANANDA MELA – 2015”
Yaa devi sarva bhuteshu, shakti rupena sangsthita:
namastyashai, namastyashai, namastyashai, namoh namaha.
Mahalaya, Birendra Krishna Bhadra, the mystic mornings, the genda phool, the days awaited with abated breath, the changing stages of the idol of Maa Durga and the ultimate, tulir taan, it is goose bumps all the way.
The time that everyone is waiting for has arrived, the homecoming of Mother Durga….”DURGA PUJA”
Bengalees are born foodies. While others fast during Navaratri, Bengalees kick start with “Anandamela” & thus we await with the abated breath, Sunday, the 18th of October, 2015, Panchami, at 6:30 pm, the foodies are on the roll.
It’s sheer thrill. Even before the registrations have officially begun, the participants are already jostling. It is great to see such enthusiasm. To organize an event of such proportions, needs clarity, we present as under:
- Apart from being a fun event, this is also a competition on Culinary efficiencies. All participants, therefore need to ensure that, only food prepared by “THEMSELVES” should be displayed for marking by the
- This is open to both men and women who would like to display their culinary skills.
- In order to ensure that, more & many, taste your food, budgeting therefore, would be a factor. Prices are expected to be kept at reasonable levels, as indicated below.
Vegetarian Item – Rs 30/- ( Maximum)
Non-Vegetarian Item – Rs 50/- ( Maximum)
- Persons who run Canteens at the Puja Mandap or who have hired cooks will not be allowed to participate. Please excuse. Their stalls can be put up only after 8 pm, when we expect Ananada Mela to conclude.
- HBS Chef Contest, started three years back to encourage cooking.
The details are detailed below.
RULES OF HBS CHEF CONTEST
There will be three categories:
- Children between 6 to 9 years ( ingredients will be provided )
- Children between 10 to 13 years ( ingredients will be provided )
- Open Category ( own ingredients to be brought )
- There will be no use of fire in any category.
- The dishes will have to be prepared on spot without any parental support.
- Serving portion should be sufficient for 2 persons
- Marks will be based on presentation, taste, texture, innovation and dress.
- A minimum of 5 participants are required in each category for the competition to be conducted. There will be no pairing up of contestants.
- Only 1st prize will be awarded in each group.
- PARTICIPANTS WILL NOT SEE RECIPIES TO PREPARE DISHES. NO CHEATING.
Time for age group 6 to 9 is 30 minutes.
Time for age group 10 to 13 is 30 minutes.
Time for open category is 60 minutes.
For further information and clarification, please contact any of the following persons.
Mrs. Tripti Sen – 98480 30044 Mrs. Neena Roy – 99856 22594
Mrs. Sudha Dutta – 98485 62814 Mrs. Kankana Sen Gupta -99489 82802
All registrations will close by Thursday, the 15th October, 2015 . The completed registration form along with a refundable deposit of Rs 100/- need to be submitted at the HBS Samity Office.
Registration forms can be collected from the HBS Samity Office
It is, on your mark, Get, Set, Go…..
All Members of August 22, 2015
Hyderabad Bangalee Samity
Sub: Request for articles for our house magazine-2015
The Durga Puja 2015 (1422 Bongabdo) is round the corner and the mood for the oncoming festival has set in. preparations have commenced and we are gearing up to celebrate the festival in a big way. as usual.
Like previous years, we shall be bringing out our house magazine during festivities. We request all members to contribute articles for the original short stories, poems, limericks, facts to know and about any event etc. are welcome. All sentences may be started with capital letters. Articles only in English and Bengali will be entertained.
The Last date of submission of the articles would be 20th of September 2015. English articles are preformed soft copies to be mailed as word document to firstname.lastname@example.org for our convenience of proof reading and formatting, after which they would go through our editorial committee for final publishing. In case its not possible to send a soft copy, then hard copies need to be submitted to HBS Office by the due date.
We request all to contribute whole heartedly and make our House Magazine worth reading.